Advanced Petroleum Loss Control - a Master Class in Petroleum Measurement, Custody Transfer & Cargo Claims
Laytime and Demurrage are perhaps the two most litigious aspects of chartering vessels and have been the subject of numerous disputes over the years. This training programme is uniquely designed to focus on the complexities of Laytime and Demurrage(both Wet & Dry sectors), gaining practical expertise and knowledge to understand and analyze contractual issues and post-fixture strategies.
This highly interactive training program will cover the topics of Laytime & Demurrage starting from refreshing the basics to advanced level including commencement and calculation of laytime, exceptions and interruptions, calculation of Demurrage and issues with any claims.
• Ms. Yenny Leo Hartono (Western Bulk Pte Ltd): “The sessions when the lectures and participants shared their experience and various possibilities that might assist whole calculating laytime and demurrage.”
• Mr. Jiten Mehra (SIVA Bulk): “Some aspects of laytime starting and case discussions.”
• Mr. Stewart Sanjay (KGJ Cement Pte Ltd): “Yes, course achieved what I expected. All topics were well covered.”
• Miss Sophia Shufei Lin (BHP Billiton): “Yes, course achieved what I expected. Very good course that provides great insights and information on the shipping industry. Speakers are highly engaging and this course also covered many practical aspects in the shipping industry.”
• Capt. Dae-Woo Lee (Wilhelmsen Ship Management Korea): “All sessions were very useful and actually practical”
• Miss Thin Zar Win Maw (“K” Line Pte Ltd): “NOR part was especially useful as it was quite confusing initially to where to tender, when to tender and what would be valid NOR etc. Now that I have a clear picture of it.”
• Mr. Zeng Yeow Chew (“K” Line Pte Ltd): “Group Discussion were very informative.”
• Mr. Troy Chen (Brightoil Shipping Singapore Pte Ltd): “Yes, course achieved what I expected. Module 8, discusses cases of previous disputes which are very useful to understand the verdict..”
• Capt. Madhu Vadakkepat (Brightoil Shipping Singapore Pte Ltd):“Yes, the course achieved what I expected. Laytime calculation. Excellent Course.”
•Mr. Ryan Poh (Brightoil Shipping Singapore Pte Ltd): “Case examples are really useful.”